Sunday, October 18, 2009

NFL WEEK SIX: FOR REAL OR NOT?

Late October is my favorite part of the year, Collegiate football is in full swing, the NFL is heating up and Major League Baseball is going to crown a champion. Oktoberfests, are a plenty, Halloween parties are starting to crack, this is thee most wonderful time of the year. Professional football is had game to predict. The talent level in the NFL provides any team a change to win on any given Sunday. That being said, can anyone have locks of the week? Just hype, I suppose. I made fun at my brother for picking Jacksonville after a James Brown update let me know there was a melt down in Jacksonville. Call it Karma or stupidity, I picked Jackson last week and lost. I am a gambler at heart, I love to press my odds. This week, I am doubling down! Jacksonville, Washington, New England, just like getting eleven on a double down I will double down again.


At Green Bay -14 Detroit

Detroit might lay an egg on the road but fourteen points is a hefty advantage, I cannot stay away. Stafford is questionable, Culpepper threw for almost 300 yards against the Super Bowl Champions. The Detroit defensive will rally around their in juried quarterback, keep it close and loose by thirteen.

At Pittsburgh -14 Cleveland

Yes the Lions game I picked mainly because of the two score advantage. So if that is a mountain to climb, why am I picking against it? Great teams do not just win games, but make statements, anything but a blowout, they make a statement just the one I am not picking. If I loose both these games I have proved my point that any team can beat another on any given Sunday. I see a four touchdown advantage at the half. Did somebody use to call the Browns coach a man genius?

At New England -9.5 Tennessee

Tom Brady has something to prove after the lost at Denver. 3-0 at home, Brady will lead his troops to huge victory back at home. Look for Moss and the Patriots wide outs to work the fill in corners Manning worked last week.

At Seattle -3 Arizona

Kurt Warner knows the NFC West division might be lost, with a loss in this game. Conversely the Cardinals can take back control if they can stop the Seahawks. Hasselbeck might play but is hobbled. Warner is getting into mid season form and will find his grove. I cannot see the Seahawks putting on more than a two scores.

At Cincinnati -5.5 Houston

The Bengals have over achieved. Ochocinco and Palmer have been in sync. The Texans defensive has struggled at times. The NFL can be emotional, players play with heart and can rally around falling behind the Colts and in the wild card the Texans defensive will play inspired but lose by a filed goal.

At Atlanta -3 Chicago

Hopefully this Sunday night will cap off a perfect six team parlay. Cutler will be rattled by the crowd, the defensive will play inspired. The Falcons looked like a Super Bowl team against the 49ers, but is that saying much? Falcons by three.



Last week: 1-3
Season: 11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment